2015 – Oxbridge Acceptances Three students gained acceptance to Oxford and Cambridge for September / October. Shasta Kaul has been accepted to read Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) at St Hilda’s College beginning this October. This PPE course, along with Law, has the lowest acceptance rate into the university. Shasta scored 44 in last year’s IBDP.
Dev Kishor Anand and Ho Renchun (both Class of 2012) have been offered places at Cambridge University following the completion of their National Service. Dev is to study Mathematics and Renchun the Human, Social and Political Sciences degree. Both scored 43 in the IBDP.
- 2009 – 2015 IGCSE Top of the World Awards – 13 awards in total in the past six years in Economics, English Literature, English Language, Geography, International Mathematics, Additional Mathematics, Chinese and Physical Education.
- 2015 Physical Education
- 2014: Mathematics, Economics
- 2013: English Literature
- 2012: E. Mathematics, Chinese
- 2011: A. Mathematics, E. Mathematics, Chinese, English Language
- 2010: Geography, Chinese
- 2014 – International Baccalaureate: 96% pass rate in IBDP with 77% above the world average of 30 points. School average 34 points. 45% of the cohort sat the IBDP in their second language.
- 2014 IGCSE: 91% pass rate with 48% Distinction passes (compared to 90% pass rate and 45% Distinctions in 2013). 74% gained entry to our IB Diploma programme by gaining at least 2 x A; 2 x B and 2 x C passes. Twelve students in the 163 strong cohort gained all Distinction passes (A * or A).
Overseas Trips and Services Engagements
- Over 20 Overseas Student trips per year to Africa, Asia, Europe, United Kingdom, United States, Australia and New Zealand.
- Serving more than 12 welfare organisations in 2014 including Habitat for Humanity, World Vision, Singapore Heart Foundation, Methodist Welfare Services, EmansipAsia and National Kidney Foundation.
- Comprehensive adventure training experience for Years 1, 2, 3 and 5 through Camp Challenge, Outward Bound and internationally accredited adventure companies for CAS and Service trips.
Leadership Development Programme
- 20 teachers accredited in Dr Tim Elmore’s Habitudes Leadership Program
- First school in Asia accredited in Worldsview’s 9 Conversations in Leadership and the Heart of Leadership
- More than 200 student leadership positions with School Prefects, Student Council, Ambassadors, House Prefects, CCA Captains
- 2011 Best Delegation Award at Hong Kong Gifted Leadership Conference
- National Youth Achievement Awards for all students
- National Young Leader Award (top 5 finalist) in 2014
- Integrated House System to run the Pastoral & House activities
- Strong focus on servant leadership in House, School and Service activities
- Recent successes at National level include:
- Cheerleading (National Champions 2014 and 2015)
- Chinese Drama
- String Orchestra