ACS (International) awards students with various scholarships in recognition of their academic excellence and good co-curricular records.
ACS (International) Year 5 and 6 Student Scholarships
- From January 2015 the following scholarships for IB study are offered to students currently studying at local schools in Singapore:
- Two full scholarships covering tuition fees, examination entry fees, stationery, textbooks and one service trip worth approximately S$35,000 per scholarship per year.
- Two half scholarships each covering 65% of the annual tuition fee per year.
- The primary criterion is academic achievement in Sec 4 / IGCSE / O-Levels. It is envisaged that O-Level applicants will need a score of 10 or less. For those on an Integrated Programme there will be an alternative assessment plus consideration will be given to the PSLE score and school reports.
- Other factors to be considered will include student involvement in CCAs and leadership; and a family income means test. Parents may choose not to have their income means tested, and would therefore leave that section blank on the official application form.
- Each scholarship normally has a two-year tenure, subject to satisfactory achievement in Year 5 as measured by the term reports.
- Students must submit their application using the official scholarship form by the Friday following the release of O Level results.
- The interview panel will interview short listed applicants the following week.
- The interview panel will consist of the Principal, Vice-Principal (1 or 2) and the chair of the HR Committee, or his representative.
- The means part of the application form is optional and asks parents to supply the combined family income; type of housing; and vehicle ownership.